The personal details you have provided to Facebook will be communicated to Telenet Ltd. and the commercial operator of the Telenet Hotspot in connection with attaining access to the Telenet Hotspot portal, for the purpose of:
- implementation of the Agreement
- customer management
- market research and user profiling
- promotion and prospecting purposes, such as direct marketing (in particular, in order to regularly inform the customer of new benefits, products or services and current promotions offered by Telenet and the companies associated with Telenet)
- improvement of the services
If you wish to object to the processing of your personal details, you can notify Telenet Customer Service, Liersesteenweg 4, 2800 Mechelen or the commercial operator of the Telenet Hotspot. Telenet and the commercial operator of the Telenet Hotspot will take this into consideration as soon as possible.
You have the right to obtain a copy of your personal details that are processed by Telenet or the commercial operator of the Telenet Hotspot. If these are incorrect, incomplete or no longer relevant, you can request their correction or removal. If you wish to exercise this right, please submit a written request to that effect, dated, signed and accompanied by a copy of your identity card, to Telenet Customer Service, Liersesteenweg 4, 2800 Mechelen or the commercial operator of the Telenet Hotspot.
As a rule, Telenet does not provide personal details to third parties except to meet legal obligations, in the case of an explicit request from the judicial authorities or police.
2. Your use of the Service
2.1. Provision of the Service
- (a) The Service may be used by Customers having concluded a Telenet Internet Contract as well as by users who have been given access by Telenet to use the Service (e.g. in the framework of a roaming agreement with another operator) (the “Visitors”).
- (b) Unless the Customer has used the possibility to opt-out in My Telenet, he automatically shares his equipment and the connectivity (‘homespot’) in order for other Customers and Visitors to be able to use the Service. If the Customer choses to opt-out, he will no longer have access to the Service. This choice can be reviewed at all times in My Telenet.
- (c) You confirm being aware of the fact and to accept that Telenet provides the Service through a shared use of equipment and connectivity, and this also to other Customers and Visitors.
- (d) You may not, under any circumstances, make a claim for compensation of any sort for your participation to the Service or for the shared use of equipment and connectivity by Customers and/or Visitors.
- (e) The internet data volume consumed through the Service is deducted from the volume you dispose of in the framework of your Telenet Internet Contract (for Customers) or the internet subscription with your operator (for Visitors).
- (f) The Service is offered to you in its current condition. You explicitly acknowledge that neither Telenet nor the suppliers or designers of the content of the Service can provide any guarantee regarding the legitimacy, quality, functionality, presence of deficient or contaminating material (including viruses, worms, trojan horses, logic bombs and the like) or the availability of the Service or the content of the Service. Considering, among other factors, the existing technical limitations, the recent development of the utilized technologies and the multitude of external factors that can potentially be of influence, Telenet is, among other things, unable to provide any guarantee that the Service will remain accessible or that the Service will be provided without interruptions or problems.
2.2. Your right of use
- (a) Telenet grants you the temporary, non-exclusive, non-transferable right to use the Service. Any other use, paid or unpaid, is prohibited. Hence, you do not have the right to transfer, commercialize, make available to the public or publicly share, download, copy or in any other manner reproduce the Service, in whole or in part, for any purpose whatsoever.
- (b) You commit not to use the Service for purposes contrary to the public order or the accepted principles of morality, nor for fraudulent or illegal purposes. You also commit to make a normal use of the Service and not to engage into activities qualifying as inacceptable, such as (but not exclusively) distributing viruses, distributing excessive email spam, sending or exchanging illegal or IP protected content.
2.3. Equipment for the use of the Service
- (a) You undertake to only use suitable, properly functioning equipment and software for the Service. As soon as you notice or reasonably ought to notice that the equipment/software being used is no longer suitable for connection to the Service, is no longer functioning properly or is restricting or disrupting the use or operation of the Service or the Telenet network, you must desist from further use of the equipment. Modifications to the configuration of your equipment and/or software are always made at your own risk.
- (b) To facilitate the delivery of the Service, it may be necessary to install certain programs (e.g. cookies) onto your equipment. By using the Service you declare that you have been informed of and agree to allow Telenet to install such programs
2.4. Processing of your personal data
- (b) When you connect to the ‘TELENETHOTSPOT' network through Facebook or Google, your personal data are automatically stored in the records of the commercial operator of the Telenet hotspot for the purpose of customer management, market research and user profiling, promotion and prospecting purposes such as direct marketing and the improvement of the services. If you wish to object to the processing of your personal data by the operator of the Telenet hotspot, you can notify the commercial operator of the Telenet hotspot.
2.5. Additional provisions specifically applicable to Visitors
- (b) By way of derogation from article 13.1 of Telenet’s general terms and conditions, Telenet’s liability vis-à-vis the Visitor is limited to 100 EUR per casualty or per series of casualties having the same cause in all cases where Telenet is liable in accordance with the general terms and conditions.